To know the IP address of CHIP. You need to connect your CHIP with the LCD and, type
ifconfig in the terminal.
SSH (Secure Socket Shell) is a protocol to access CHIP with any device.
NOTE: To access SSH both the system should be on the same network you can use putty for the same if you are using Windows.
Here are some notes on how to create a basic WiFi access point/hotspot.
1) Installing TightVNC.
sudo apt-get install tightvncserver
2) After installation you have to run TightVNC.
You have to create a password for vnc server for security reasons.
1) Create a blank file with following command:
2) Open that blank file:
sudo nano vnc.sh
3) Write the following script in it:
#!/bin/sh vncserver :1 -geometry 1920x1080 -depth 24 -dpi 96
Then save this script.
4) Give file permission for execution.
sudo chmod +x vnc.sh
5) Starting VNC:
Install VNC Viewer from google play store. Set up VNC Viewer:
1) Click on plus button for new connection.
2) Enter IP address of chip followed by :1 and name of machine
Note: if you create hotspot the IP address will be 172.20.0.1:1
4) Then click on CREATE
5) Then click on CONNECT
6) Enter the password for VNC viewer
7) Now you are ready to use CHIP on your smartphone
Did you replicate this project? Share it!I made one
Love this project? Think it could be improved? Tell us what you think!